Dear Allies community,
These are unprecedented times. At Allies for Every Child (Allies), the health and safety of every member of our Allies community is paramount. We know that our work is now more important than ever as our community grapples with immense and immediate concrete challenges, as well as the emotional toll of living with so much uncertainty. However, difficult times are when our clients need us the most, and we are here to serve them.
What we are doing:
- We have reduced the number of people present on-site at any one time – enforcing physical distancing guidelines and ensuring that all staff have adequate personal protective equipment.
- All staff and clients present on-site have daily health screenings and temperature checks, and no one is permitted on-site if they are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
- We have provided hand sanitizing stations on-site and encourage frequent handwashing for all staff and clients on-site.
- All group meetings and events have been moved to virtual whenever possible.
How you can help:
- During this precarious time, consider making a financial contribution to ensure Allies can provide vital services that must continue for our community’s most vulnerable members.
- Donate items most in need as families plan to heed the advice of public health professionals and remain at home. This includes non-perishable nutritious foods and activities for children and families to engage in together at home (e.g.: school supplies, art supplies, books, etc.).
I am proud of how our Allies team has come together to meet this evolving challenge. There will continue to be stumbling blocks and formidable demands, but I know we will do everything in our power to stay safe and continue our work.